Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Introductions

Why I started this blog

I sew. I love making clothes. I should start a sewing blog!  
Yep, that's the excuse I used to finally start a blog.  However, the content here won't be limited to sewing adventures.  I have many interests besides sewing.  I love photography, cooking, traveling, drawing, and reading. But for me it didn't make sense to start multiple blogs. After all, I'll be starting a master in public health (MPH) degree this August and I will be a busy student once again.  That said, I really can't guarantee what road this blog will take after a while.  It might start as a sewing blog, but I change my mind pretty often.  Change, I believe, is pretty normal.
"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like."
- Lao Tzu
What's up with my sewing skills?
     Well, I started sewing when I was 13 years old.  I was too tall for my age, hence I could never find pants that would fit me correctly.  That's why I decided to learn how to sew: to sew my own pants! 
I took my first sewing course, a basic one, when I was 13.  At 17 I took a pattern-making course.  Now I'm just learning a couple of techniques from my cousins (You know, those secret techniques that make a seamstress's life easier)
     It's been a long process, and I still have a lot to learn.  Hopefully this blog will keep track of my progress in the clothes-making world, while at the same time serve as inspiration to people who visit  and read it. 

I'm glad you found me!


¿Por qué empecé este blog?


     Me gusta hacer ropa.  No sé que es, pero me fascina convertir pedazos de tela en algo bonito.  Mis aventuras con la costura empezaron cuando tenía 13 años.  Yo era muy alta para mi edad, por ende nunca conseguía pantalones que me quedaran bien de largo.  Esa fue la razón por la cual aprendí a coser: para poder hacerme pantalones!
     El primer curso que tomé fue de costura básica, luego cuando tenía 17 años tomé un curso de patronaje.  Ahora que tengo 23 años estoy aprendiendo técnicas de costura de mis primas que también son costureras.  
     Quise empezar este blog como un portafolio de las piezas que hago.   Sin embargo mi creatividad no se limita a la costura. De vez en cuando subiré artículos destacando otras cosas que haga.   Este blog servirá para documentar mi progreso en el mundo de la costura y espero que a su vez sirva de inspiración a quien lo visite.   
     Y ESA es la excusa para empezar este blog.   Cualquier excusa es válida.   Sin embargo no puedo garantizar que este blog sea exclusivamente para costura. Después de todo, tengo muchos intereses y cosas que compartir.  Como dice la canción interpretada por Mercedes Sosa:
"Cambia lo superficial. Cambia también lo profundo. Cambia el modo de pensar. Cambia todo en este mundo. Cambia el clima con los años. Cambia el pastor su rebaño. Y así como todo cambia, que yo cambie no es extraño"
¡Qué gusto que me hayan encontrado!



No comments:

Post a Comment